- By admin on October 24, 2015Home automation, also known as a ‘smart home’, involves the use of modern technology to have household activities done automatically, which means it requires only little to no intervention from the user. With the help of Remote Control Systems Ireland, homeowners or users have remote control over the devices or equipment performing certain activities. What is Home Automation for? […]
- By admin on August 9, 2013Recently we have been working on some large period houses that have been bought by foreign investors. It seems that this is a good time to be investing in large estates and properties. One of the first things the new owners look at putting in place is communications and TV services. We have installed internet and telephone systems that allows […]
- The latest release of Savant Systems’ home automation software supports the increasingly popular Philips Hue RGB smart bulbs. The communications protocol for Philips Hue has been profiled and is now native to the Savant platform – no third party drivers or accessories required. Savant executive VP Jim Carroll tells CE Pro that Savant created the profile at the request of […]
- The owners of this theater are comfortable navigating an iPad, so an Apple-based Savant control system was right for them, says Mike Wilson of Bethesda Systems. Aside from the A/V controls, the chief subsystem they need to worry about commanding is the lighting. “It’s a multipurpose room, so to set all the lighting was more challenging,” says Wilson.
- The space that would become this award-winning home theater had sat for a while as an empty concrete room while the homeowner eyed its possibilities. It turned out that his eyes were bigger than his stomach. In other words, his home theater dreams were bigger than his future home theater room. What does a person do in that situation? Why, […]
- By admin on May 16, 2013The space that would become this award-winning home theater had sat for a while as an empty concrete room while the homeowner eyed its possibilities. It turned out that his eyes were bigger than his stomach. In other words, his home theater dreams